In a bid to encourage business conversations among entrepreneurs, business owners, startups, and other business brains, Afro Hustler, together with TekCitadel, organized a maiden edition of the Buea Business Conversations. The event took place on April 20, 2019, under the theme: Running A Business in a Crisis Economy.
Buea Business Conversations brought together more than 100 business owners, entrepreneurs, and other stakeholders in the business community to discuss survival tactics during the current crisis. It also had as aim to encourage those who intend to venture into entrepreneurship not to give up.
The conversation, which took place at Eta Palace Hotel, Molyko- Buea, the city of Silicon Mountaineers, saw the presence of young but great business minds who were humble enough to share ideas and strategies on how they have been surviving the Anglophone crisis and the way forward.
Speakers and Presentations
The event witnessed the presence of 11 keynote speakers: Taminang Search, Otto Beseka, Ruth Tembe, Mpara Faith, Zuo Bruno, Moses Besong, Ambe Nickson, Enow George, Ameneh Estella, Eucharia Lechi, and Ngwa Emmanuel. They presented on a variety of topics including:
- How to develop and maintain a business-oriented network for your Business.
- How to Transform your Business as Market Conditions Change
- How to start a small but scalable local business while maintaining a global perspective
- How We Re-organized our HR Department at New Generation Technologies to Work Efficiently and Deliver in High Quality Amidst the Anglophone Crisis
- Why a crisis period is a great time to expand into new countries, and how to do it.
- Strategies to Stand Out in the Online Job Market
- How to Source and Retain Good Investors Amidst a Crisis Period
- How to Use Downtimes in Business to Discover and Seize New Opportunities in Business and in Life
- The Importance of Digital Marketing to Entrepreneurs and Business Owners
- Business Ideas to Run in a Crisis Economy
- How to Use Thought Leadership to Distinguish Yourself and Attract New Clients
Mac Alunge, Award-Winning Spoken Word Artist and founder of Strawacademy Africa thrilled the crowd with an inspirational piece on time. The event also saw the presence of fast-rising Cameroonian comedian, Mc Calvino who made the atmosphere relaxed with his amazing comedian skills. It ended with a discussion panel among participants and some of the key speakers and other business owners. At this moment, participants, therefore, had ample time to share with the experts.
Buea Business conversations was only a tip of the iceberg of what Afro Hustler intends to bring to the business community. Afro Hustler will be bringing more conversations by organizing smaller but impactful conversations before any grand conversation at the end of each year.
Name: Otto Akama
Organization: Afro Hustler, by Makonjo Group Limited
Address: Baird Memorial Street, Bonduma, Buea. SWR. CMR.
Phone: +237 677 243 603